Daily Devotion, 01/06/18, “21 Days”
Daniel 10:3 NIV “I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.”
Twice each year at CrossRoads, we pray together for three weeks to consecrate ourselves and the next ministry season to God and His purposes. I give our church family three areas to focus our prayers on and I ask them to identify three areas to focus on for themselves and their families. Every January, we add fasting together to our praying together. I would like to invite you to join us.
Prayer connects us to God.
The more time you spend with something or someone, the more confidence you build in it or them. The same is true for God. The more time you spend with God, the more your faith in Him will grow.
Fasting disconnects us from the world.
Fasting isn’t about punishing yourself because God wants you to suffer, it’s about intentionally disconnecting from wordly things for a season so you can hear from God and experience the full life He has for you. There are several ways to fast:
• The Daniel Fast: Based on Daniel 1:12 and 10:3, details at daniel-fast.com.
• The Total Fast: Based on how Jesus fasted, this is a water only, no food fast.
• A Partial Fast: Abstaining from specific foods and drinks that you tend to crave.
• A Non-Food Fast: Such as fasting from television, social media or specific activities.
Please consult your physician to make sure your health will allow you to do one of the food related fasts, especially if you take medication.
Our next 21 Days of Prayer starts tomorrow and ends on January 27th. I’m asking my CrossRoads family to specifically ask God to give us:
• Power: Creating a prayer culture at CrossRoads that brings heaven to earth.
• Passion: Moving us to worship freely in His presence in our services.
• Provision: Funding for campus excellence projects.
Join the journey! You are loved!